Nowadays, the hook and loop tape commonly utilized in life is affordable and has an ideal effect. Because of those factors, the value and quality of the hook and loop tape have turn out to be the most involved issue. For some industries that use hook and loop tape, because the quantity of hook and loop tape bought each time is relatively large, the superb hook and loop tape can’t only effectively improve their production effectivity, but in addition reduce a number of costs of enterprises due to its longer service life. What factors will affect the quality of hook and loop tape?
Raw supplies for making hook and loop tape. Hook and loop tape is made up of certain types of yarns, and different yarns are made up of various fibers.
Fiber is a kind of fabric with very fine diameter, usually several microns to tens of microns, and its size is many times larger than that of fineness, and has sure flexibility. There are lots of kinds of fibers in nature, however not all fibers can be utilized for spinning and weaving. Only the fiber that can be utilized to produce hook and loop tape can be called hook and loop tape fiber.
As a hook and loop tape fiber, it should have the following properties:
(1) Good physical and mechanical properties, hook and loop tape fiber must be processed earlier than it can be used for weaving. Whether or not within the process of hook and loop tape processing, or in the process of stitching and wearing, they must bear a variety of exterior forces, akin to stretching, torsion, bending, friction and repeated external forces, in order that the hook and loop tape will produce corresponding deformation.
(2) With certain fineness and size, the fineness and size of fiber should meet the necessities of hook and loop tape processing technology. In the production process of hook and loop tape, the fibers usually need to be twisted together before they can be spun into yarn.
(3) Hygroscopicity and air permeability, moisture absorption and air permeability are the essential sanitary properties of hook and loop tape fiber. Good hygroscopicity can assist to absorb sweat and grease of human body, and make the fabric can be dyed and printed. Air permeability makes clothing comfortable and cool.
(4) Chemical stability: the hook and loop tape fiber will need to have certain chemical stability for light, heat, acid and alkali solutions. Only in this way can the service life of the fiber not be reduced and damaged under the motion of the above substances.
(5) On the whole, hook and loop tape must be dyed and dyed with various colours or patterns to achieve its last purpose. Therefore, the hook and loop tape fiber should have certain dyeing properties.