Nowadays, the hook and loop tape commonly utilized in life is affordable and has an amazing effect. Because of those factors, the value and quality of the hook and loop tape have grow to be the most involved issue. For some industries that use hook and loop tape, because the quantity of hook and loop tape bought every time is comparatively massive, the wonderful hook and loop tape can’t only effectively improve their production efficiency, but in addition reduce a variety of prices of enterprises resulting from its longer service life. What factors will affect the quality of hook and loop tape?
Raw supplies for making hook and loop tape. Hook and loop tape is made up of sure types of yarns, and totally different yarns are made up of different fibers.
Fiber is a kind of fabric with very fine diameter, often several microns to tens of microns, and its length is many instances larger than that of fineness, and has sure flexibility. There are lots of kinds of fibers in nature, but not all fibers can be utilized for spinning and weaving. Only the fiber that can be used to produce hook and loop tape can be called hook and loop tape fiber.
As a hook and loop tape fiber, it should have the following properties:
(1) Good physical and mechanical properties, hook and loop tape fiber have to be processed earlier than it can be used for weaving. Whether or not in the process of hook and loop tape processing, or within the process of stitching and wearing, they must bear a wide range of external forces, comparable to stretching, torsion, bending, friction and repeated external forces, so that the hook and loop tape will produce corresponding deformation.
(2) With sure fineness and length, the fineness and length of fiber ought to meet the necessities of hook and loop tape processing technology. Within the production process of hook and loop tape, the fibers often need to be twisted collectively earlier than they can be spun into yarn.
(3) Hygroscopicity and air permeability, moisture absorption and air permeability are the essential sanitary properties of hook and loop tape fiber. Good hygroscopicity might help to absorb sweat and grease of human body, and make the material can be dyed and printed. Air permeability makes clothing comfortable and cool.
(4) Chemical stability: the hook and loop tape fiber must have sure chemical stability for light, heat, acid and alkali solutions. Only in this way can the service life of the fiber not be reduced and damaged under the motion of the above substances.
(5) Usually, hook and loop tape must be dyed and dyed with varied colors or patterns to achieve its last purpose. Therefore, the hook and loop tape fiber should have certain dyeing properties.